Sunday, August 23, 2015

Das doppelte Lottchen #140

It's sunday, that means it's Lottie and Lisa time!

That means Anni and I usually pick a stamp or stamp set or die that we both have (we nearly have the same taste!) and create a card with this product and another task.
Today Anni made a wish, and it is:

Lawn Fawn - Make Lemonade
&
old newpaper or bookpage

Ages ago  (well, it was Lottie and Lisa #20) Anni and I made a Lottie and Lisa when I saw her using a chinese newsletter on her card and I thought "I want that, too!!". Years later I got mail from China and they used newspaper for their packaging, so I kept that and knew I'd make a card out of this. Anni's challenge was perfect for this! - Of course I have NO idea about anything written there - hope it's nothing on the negative side - but I thought it would add some exotic feeling to this summery lemonade card. 
(Fun fact: I admire Anni's cards that much, my whole memory is full of her cards - cards she doesn't remember herself - lol!)



 
  • tear a piece of newspaper to the right size and attach it to your cardbase. 
  • Cut an oval panel (I used my Silhouette) and adhere it onto the paper with some foam pads.
  • stamp, color and fuzzy cut the images, adhere them with more foam tape
  • add some bright washi tape and matching enamel stickers for more interest and brightness
  • use alphabet stickers to create your own sentiment.
  • add glossy accents to all your glass-parts




  • Alphabet stickers are perfect to create your own sentiments
  • adhering your rectangle-alpha-stickers in a wanky way has multiple advantages: you don't have to line anything up correctly AND it adds more dynamic to a fun card.
  • repeating colors with different embellishments pulls the card together (so you can NEVER have enough embellishments in different colors - right?)
  • Glossy accents always add a little extra - and that glass-effect is perfect on stamp sets like this.


Hop over to Anni's blog to find her creation 

5 comments:

  1. wohaaaa.. die LIEBE ich!!!! Ich glaub ich hab mit dem Set noch nix gemacht obwohl ichs schon coloriert habe und echt toll finde.. menno.... und das originale Zeitungspapier ist genial.. hab mich auch sofort gefragt: "ist das n cooles patternd paper? oder wat?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!! I love that fun Chinese newspaper that you used. I also like the alpha stickers. I have so many that I should pull out to use on my cards. I forget what I have!! Beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I'll have one. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Blog. Cheers, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet lemonade stamp set. It looks so bright and summery with the washi tape. Thanks for joining the CCEE Stampers.

    ReplyDelete

© Kartenchaos. Powered by