Saturday, April 26, 2014

Doodle-love!

Hello and happy Saturday!
Today I'd like to share a new love that I discovered two days ago: Cards with doodled backgrounds.
I saw some doodles some time ago and really wanted to incorporate this cool (but very time-consuming) technique into my cards. So I took out my Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens in B, M and XS, drew some circles with a compass and started doodling. LOOOVE this - it's so relaxing. But I have to tell you: although I love how this card turned out - It took me two hours to doodle the background for this piece last night. So I'll make sure someone special gets this card ;)

What I did:
1) I doodled the background
2) I cut e piece of vellum to go on top (but it's a little longer because I scored it at the top and adhered it to the back of the doodle-background)
3) I colored the vellum with distress inks in evergreen bough, peacock feathers and peeled paint using a blending tol
4) I adhered everything together
5) Cut out a sentiment with my silhouette, adhered it on top
6) Added glossy accents to the senitment and also added some drops
DONE! :) No stamp needed!

Hope you love it as much as I do :)



Hallo und einen wunderschönen Samstag!
Heute würde ich gerne iene neue Lieb mit Euch teilen, die ich vor 2 Tagen für mich entdeckt habe: Karten mit "gekritzeltem" Hintergrund.
Ich sah solche Doodles vor einiger Zeit und wollte diese coole (wenn auch sehr zeitaufwändige) Technik unbedingt mal in meie Karten einbauen. Also habe ich meine Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens in B, M und SX rausgeholt, ein paar Kreise mit dem Zirkel gezeichnet und losgesegt. ich LIIIEEEBE es - dsa ist so entspannend! Aber ich muss Euch sagen: Auch wenn ich begeistert bin, wie diese Karte nun aussieht - ich habe gestern Nacht allein 2 Stunden für den gekritzelten Hintergrund gebraucht. Also werde ich sicher stellen, dass diese karte an jemand besonderen geht ;)

Was ich gemacht habe:
1) Den Hintergrund gekritzelt (doofes Wort - kennt jemand ein besseres)
2) Ich habe Vellum auf die richtige Größe geschnitten (es aber etwas länger gemacht, weil ich es oben gefalzt habe um es auf der Rückseite vom Doodle-Hintergrund zu befestigen)
3) Ich hab das Vellum mit Distress Inks und einem Blending Tool in evergreen bough, peacock feathers und peeled paint gefärbt
4) Alles zusammengefügt
5) Mit der Silhouette habe ich den Text ausgeschnitten und aufgeklebt
6) Ich hab Glossy Accents auf dem Text benutzt und auch einige Tropfen damit geformt.
FERTIG! Kein Stempel nötig!

Ich hoffe das Ergebnis gefällt Euch so gut wie mir :)




Challenges:



14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! STUNNING!! Wow! That background with the doodles is gorgeous!! No wonder it took you 2 hours - it's so incredible!! And the distressed background is just wonderful! Wow! I'm so in awe of this card!! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Christine, genial gedoodlet! Kopier doch den Hintergrund auf weißen Karton, dann kannst du noch mehr so schöne Karten machen.
    LG Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doodling is perfect, so balanced. Your vellum overlay is a bonus. PS: I love your videos, especially your Craft Room video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doodling is so fantastic!! I loved it so much that I m going to try it. Super awesome card.
    Liebe Gruße Archana :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not enough words to describe how fantastic this card is!! Amazing job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es sieht einfach wunderbar aus. Die Arbeit hat sich gelohnt....
    LG
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super amazing and awesome!!! I thought what beautiful stamps, no ..wait..WHAT???!!! She doodled those, aweeeee struck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow was für eine tolle Karte!Und soooo viel ARbeit *umfall* aber es hat sich definitiv gelohnt.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday.
    LG,Beate

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!LOVE it..it is stunning..will try it too...Thanks for the inspiration Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way, how fabulous is this!!!! I've been trying to come up with something VERY similar for a few days... but you have totally nailed it Christine, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! That is cooool :) Love the behind the glass look!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at both Colour Me...! and Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to have you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, those clear dots really put it over the top for me! So glad you joined us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Das ist absolut schön - super kreativ! Gefällt mir sehr!
    Liebe Grüße, Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW....coole Idee und tolle Karte!!!
    Vielen Dank für's Mitmachen bei Creative Friday.
    Ciao Scarlett

    ReplyDelete

© Kartenchaos. Powered by