Create A Smile will release 3 new sets on Friday:
I am super proud and excited about this release, because I love the sets a lot (and couldn't stop crafting and playing with them when they arrived.)
I'm sharing two cards on the Create A Smile Blog today:
1) Wobbling Octopu
When Ithought about all the arms I was sure this little guy would make me laugh wobbling. So I knew this would have to be a wobbler card. I don't make them very often, but I love them a lot :)
- Use a stencil and blend cracked pistacchio and pine needle ink for the background
- keep the stencil in place to add versamark and clear emboss the colored areas
- stamp, color and fuzzy cute the octopus ( I used my Pixscan mat for fuzzycutting because it drove me mad on this image ;) ), also stamp and fuzzy cut the sentiment
- cut the action wobbler until it can be hidden behind the octopus' bidy and assamble the card.
- Add some enamel stickers for more interest
2) Narwhal Baby Card
I've had this splatter-stencil for quite a while and never used it (it was cut with my Silhouette), so I decided to add some water-splashes to the Narwhals. I wanted to keep the card simple and have the focus on my images, but adding some color and make the card fun and bright seemed right.
- Use a stencil and blend evergreen bough and stromy sky ink for some "water" in the background.
- stamp, color and fuzzy cut the narwhals (I used warm grey by Delta Markers - they are even warmer than the W-Series by Copic)
- stamps the sentiment on light blu cardstock and fuzzy cut
- assemble the card and add some washi and enamel stickers to finish off the card (The washi made a HUGE difference regarding the balance of the card!)
Hope you love the sets (and the cards!