I have a new card for you - yay!
I'm back with a new post as a proud
I guess you all know about the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (by the way - Create A Smile is sponsoring a 20€ gift card.... ;) ) - wehre it's all about coffee AND about spring!
I just got a new coffee themed die set by Penny Black - so I knew I wanted to use it. And I also had those new flowers which are perfect to make it a really spring-y project :)
- Diecut the mug from different colors of cardstock and assemble
- Die Cut the Flowers from the same yellow cardstock as the heart and color them with Copics, leaving some party yellow (having the exact same color pulls it all together.)
- Cut a Clouds panel, adhere you flowers to the back of it and use dimensional adhesive to add your floery panel to your white cardbase.
- Use dimensionals to also adhere your mug to that panel.
- yellow/orange emboss your sentiment onto some vellum, fold a baner shape and adhere it over your mug.
- To finish off the card add some grey sprinkles to the background, repeating the color of the mug's cap.
- Sometimes a card just won't look finished. Some ink sprinkles can make a HUGE difference!
- repeating colors pulls your project together. and the 3:2:3-"rule" for colors (3 parts of your main color, 2 parts of your second color and only a little hint of your third color) can help to balance out your card
Stamps: Penny Black Special Thoughts
Cardstock: Color Copy, Faltkarten (Hellgrau, Altgold, Vellum)
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke)
Embossingpowder: Zing! (Apricot)
stickers: Kaiser Kraft Tiny Alpha Stickers
Thanks for stoppin' by - hope this was somehow inspirational :)